Thursday, November 15, 2012

Seasonal Palette Quilt #17: Steam and Stitch




That's one long quilt.
The completed quilt top for my Seasonal Palette entry hangs off my design wall like a slouching teenager. It is so long I know I'll never get a decent photo of it That's why it will be sent off to Gregory Case for photography.

But before the photo shoot there is more work to do. The entire quilt top is thoroughly steamed with an iron. This assures that the glue is set firm and ready for hand and machine quilting.
Hand embroidery is added to the flowers in a delightfully yellow thread.
After adding batting to the back of the quilt, hand embroidery is added to the flowers. Hand stitchery is a fine way to add more detail and color to the surface of the quilt. It's well worth the time it takes. And you get to sit down while stitching!

6 comments:

Susan Turney said...

That was so fun! I love the quilt and the colors you chose. So fresh! Especially liked the "grass" post.

Cornwoman said...

I sure am enjoying watching this quilt come together.

WoolenSails said...

I love how you did the flowers, beautiful stitch for them.

Debbie

Sequana said...

One of the good things about being ont The Quilt Show is getting to be friends with Gregory Case. :)

Karen Christensen said...

Oh that is one really yummy quilt!!!

janneke said...

OOh so beautiful! When are you in Holland? Can I have a lesson from you??
Sorry for mij bad English.