Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Seasonal Palette Quilt #9: Hill Collages

That's one big sky!
And then tragedy struck! Turns out my quilt for the Seasonal Palette exhibit is taller than my design wall. The only solution, tack it to the wall above the design wall. My little Tyrannosaurus Rex arms are so short, I have to use a step stool.
The hills fabrics are free-cut to shape.
But life goes on and its time to build the small collages for the hills. The hill fabrics are free cut with my sharp little scissors a rotary cutter.
Hill swatches are decorated with strips of fabric.
The hill shapes are decorated with bias cut strips, squares, or rectangles. It's a pattern building collage fest!

4 comments:

Maggie Szafranski said...

I am just catching up on my blog reading! I loved seeing your entry at Houston! I can always spot a Wasilowski original!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Very cool!

Elaine said...

I love watching the process. I have to keep it in mind for a future project. Especially this sky method.

High School Diploma Online said...

Great blog and post, keep it up i will be subscribing to your feed!