Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Great Reveal

Functional but pretty!
Inside my new sewing kit you'll see a felt lining stitched to the cotton cover with a Blanket or Buttonhole Stitch. With felt as the liner, I can stick my needles inside the cover to protect unsuspecting family members. A pocket for a small pair of scissors holds them securely. In the center fold you'll see the thimble slipped over another piece of felt and buttoned into place. I could not resist adding a few decorative felt elements too. I love my new sewing kit!

10 comments:

Gene Black said...

Ah, Laura that is a case fit for a fiber artist!

Sequana said...

That's so beautiful! How do you tell the sizes of the needles from one another tho?

Laura Wasilowski said...

Hi Sequana,
When you look closely at the needles and compare them there is an a obvious difference in length and girth. Or you just try threading the needle with the size thread you want and if it works then great!

WoolenSails said...

That is a fun kit, love working with felt and nice idea for gifts too.

Debbie

Sandi said...

Is your thimble open at the top? If not how does it thread through the felt?

Love the colours, so bright and cheerful.

Aliceart said...

I'll bet you do! Love the spot for scissors and thimble.

Laura Wasilowski said...

Hi Sandi,
Yes the thimble is open at the top. I've always used a tailor's thimble like this with the open end. My finger gets claustrophobic in a regular needle.
Thanks for stopping by!
Laura

Cornwoman said...

It turned out to be very cute!

Beth said...

It sure is cute! I need an infusion of creativity. ;)

RustyBird said...

I love it! Where do you get tailor's thimbles? Do you buy a particular brand?