Sunday, December 16, 2012

Guest Artist: Dragon Fly Wonder

If dragon's fly, so can I! by Zara
Our guest artist today hails from South Australia. Zara says she was inspired to make a collage quilt after watching my "Fused Art Quilt" DVD last year.  (Note: Alas, this DVD is no long available from C&T Publishing but you can soon take a class with me on Craftsy!)
If dragon's fly, so can I! by Zara (detail)
Zara's quilt, If dragon's fly, so can I!, was created for the South Australian Quilter's Guild exhibition (in the Challenge section). She says she really enjoyed the freedom of "cutting loose with fused collage" and then personalising it with machine and hand embroidery and adding 3D embellishment for the dragonflies.
Zara and friend.
This is a terrific quilt. Thanks for sharing with us Zara!

3 comments:

WoolenSails said...

What a wonderful piece and truly creative and fun.

Debbie

Cornwoman said...

What a cute quilt! I love it!

Beth said...

Great little quilt. Love the colors.