Tuesday, December 18, 2012

How to Tuesday: The Darling Bellflower

Little triangles cut from a decorative strip.
I bet you were just wondering: how do I create a darling bell flower for my next fused art quilt? No need to wonder. Here is the solution.

Cut a simple triangular shape from a strip of fabric to make the flower. Note that each edge of the strip of fabric is cut with a decorative rotary cutter blade. In this case, I have used my lucky pinking blade.
Let us now join our bells together.
Now arrange the little bell flowers onto the quilt background in an artful manner. Fuse and steam set the flowers into place. Place a few straight stitches on the base of the flower. And join them together in holy flowerhood with a Stem Stitch.
Bell flower garden.
Add twinkly French Knots to the top of each flower and Lazy Daisy Stitches for the leaves. And now you have an entire bell flower garden! Tomorrow I'll show you the final quilt. That is, if I get it done.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Cute flowers. Can't wait to see what comes next.

Lisa said...

Beautiful little flowers. Fun how the hand stitching adds so much to them.

Cornwoman said...

The bell flowers are wonderful, but I'm REALLY partial to that birdhouse!!!

Sandra Scott Textile Artist said...

Delightful work!