Tuesday, December 11, 2012

It's the Little Things



My inspiration.
Can you believe this mess? Part of my clean-up-the-studio duties is to sort through my fused fabric scraps and place them into colorways. This mindless activity is perfect for the mindless. Maybe that's why I enjoy it so much!
My House #20 by Laura Wasilowski
I need these precious fabric scraps. They are the source of many a quilt design like this one above, My House #20.  In fact, most of my small art work begins by picking out an odd fabric shape that triggers a design idea. Without my scraps, I can't make art.

Turns out, it truly is the little things that are important.

4 comments:

Cornwoman said...

It's that "less is more" thing in practice...

Janelle said...

I keep all my scraps too. I would never waste such a precious resource.

Nancy said...

I, too, get absorbed in sorting little things... button jars, beads, laces and trims. All the while the rest of the mess looms large around me. Still, I say well done!

Gerrie said...

I paid my 12 year old granddaughter to sort my fused scraps. She loved doing it. I enjoyed her company and I am so happy with my bags of colorful scraps.