Monday, December 17, 2012

Revealing the Unexpected

The back of My House #21.
I love placing the unexpected on the reverse side of my small quilts. You never know what you will find. This is the back of a quilt I recently made called My House #21. Isn't he a sorry looking dog? I wonder what he did?
My House #21 by Laura Wasilowski
And here is the front of My House #21. This side is hand embroidered and machine stitched to enhance the design. The poor little puppy is also machine stitched but at the mercy of the front design. Maybe that explains his sad looking face.

4 comments:

Connie said...

Your little house is really cute and I think your little pouch is adorable!

WoolenSails said...

It is a fun way to do the back and nice to have a quilt that you can turn around when you want a change;)

Debbie

begoƱa said...

Es muy chulo me encanta la parte de atras de tu manta .Feliz Navidad.

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Laura. Just happened upon your delightful and cheerful blog. I really like your combination of machine and hand sewing, which I've been doing as well lately. And there's such a thing as stitch regulators??? I'll stick to my very old Singer. It does what I tell it to (usually).
Have a very merry holiday season!
best from Tunisia,
nadia