Wednesday, December 05, 2012

What Not to Do on Film

Day 2 of the shoot for Craftsy where I say something I regret.
Thinking of filming an online class for Craftsy like I did? Then I have these suggestions:
  • Create a lot of step-outs or versions of the class project at the various stages of construction. Don't forget where you put them.
  • Bring extra fabric so if you flub up cutting the fabric while the cameras are rolling you can re-shoot the step and flub up again and again.
  • Make a list of the tools and materials you need on the set so you don't have a blank look on your face when you can't find the rotary cutter,
  • Rehearse what you are going to say so you don't have a blank look on your face.
  • Rehearse not having a blank look on your face.
The dreaded Ermine stitch.
And here's another suggestion. Do not say bad words when you stab yourself with a needle while demonstrating a stitch on film. It may be very satisfying to say bad words but bad words are not very professional. It's just a suggestion.

8 comments:

Gene Black said...

Hmm...did you say some of the words I said when I was trying to make my great niece soem Barbie clothes?

Linda said...

You are hilarious! I can just imagine the scene!

Nancy said...

So your crew is going to fix all this and create a seamless video right? I bet they appreciate your giving them so much to work with!

Sequana said...

It might be worth it to take this class just to imagine what kind of out takes there were. :)

Lisa Quintana said...

Maybe a blooper tape is in order????

Bunny Henningsen said...

Sounds like someone needs a personal assistant.....with soap.

Cornwoman said...

Hmmm...it must be boring for the crew to work with perfect people. It was so nice of you to try to make their days a more fun event.

Beth said...

Bwaaaahahaha. I can't wait for the class.