Saturday, December 08, 2012

What the Old Quilters' Home Should Be

Creations Quilt Shop; a great temptation.
The old quilters' home of my future looks a lot like the Main House in Kerrville TX. The Main House is next door to the Creations quilt shop. I'll be staying and teaching at the Main House for the next few days.
Barbara is in charge of the Main House classes.
Barbara is my lovely hostess and has named my class the Whacky World of Wasilowski or something alliterative like that. All I know is that I'm happy to be there.
I let someone else cook.
There are comfortable sleeping quarters upstairs, a large kitchen for someone else to cook in, and of course a quilt shop across the parking lot. Who could ask for anything more?
Jerry, Tina, Jill, and Barbara. The bad girls in the back.
The lighting in the huge workshop room is really really good so my ancient eyes can see what I am stitching. And each student has lots of space. It is just a terrific place to teach. And that's why I'm moving in.

7 comments:

Sequana said...

As soon as I can get a flight from O'Hare, I'll be joining you. It's just a matter of changing my mail address now.

Gene Black said...

Yeah,, I wouldn't mind being "put in a home" if it was that kind of home. heheee

Cornwoman said...

And here I thought it was perfect yesterday! Today I find out that someone else does the cooking. Be still my heart!!! It'll take me a bit to pack my quilting stuff, but I'll be moving in soon! Just one thing though.....how's the coffee, and who does the dishes??

WoolenSails said...

What a wonderful place for a retreat and nice to have a place that is like home where you can create and relax.

Debbie

Margaret said...

Old Quilters' Home? Sounds like Heaven to me! :-)

DuAnne said...

This is a fabulous quilt shop! I have been there with my sister who lives in San Antonio. Didn't know they had classes in the "main house" . My next visit I will have to plan a drive up to Kerrville and take a class! I should have checked your schedule and taken a flight out!

Beth said...

Is there room for another old quilter? I am in.