Monday, December 03, 2012

What Takes Your Breath Away?

Colorado Sunset by Laura Wasilowski
Some may call Denver the mile high city. I call it the breathless city. When you're a flat land girl, the high altitude can wipe you out. So my first day filming a set of lessons at Craftsy was a little breathless for me. Breathless but fun!
Take a class in your pajamas.
Craftsy provides high-quality online classes in several categories. You can take knitting, cake decorating, weaving, felting, and my personal favorite, quilting. Taking a Craftsy class is a great way to learn a new skill, make something beautiful, and share the experience with people around the world.
Pie or Tea Mail by Laura Wasilowski
And this is the best part. With Craftsy you can take a class in the comfort of your own home with a giant plate of brownies and a hot cup of tea at your side. And you don't have to fix your hair. And you don't have to brush your teeth or dress up. At least that's how I prepare for an online class.
I'm somewhere under all that makeup.
The first step in filming for my Craftsy class is to report to makeup. Putting makeup on me is a lot like rehabbing an old house, it's amazing what a little plaster, sand paper, and glue can do. Tomorrow I'll show you the set. But first, where's that plate of brownies?

7 comments:

Gene Black said...

Yaay....I will get to take your class!

Maggie Szafranski said...

How fun! I will forego the brownies, but will be enjoying the cuppa tea!

Donna said...

Just the other day I was checking out the Craftsy classes, and lo and behold, there you are filming one. That's wonderful! I will take your class in 2013.

Oh, and I know what you mean about rehabbing an old house! I use the same supplies, plus paint and markers!

Have a fabulous filming day!
D~~~~

Nancy said...

Look forward to taking your Craftsy class... do we have a start date now that you are taping?

Cornwoman said...

I recently discovered Craftsy, and was just given a couple of classes for my birthday. How exciting that you are filming a class! I'll be watching for it!!

Cornwoman said...

I recently discovered Craftsy, and was just given a couple of classes for my birthday. How exciting that you are filming a class! I'll be watching for it!!

Beth said...

I think I know what I will do...
enjoy some online classes.
In my jammies.