Sunday, January 06, 2013

At the Peak of Quilting


Time for high altitude quilting again! I had a great time visiting members of the Palmer Divide Quilt Guild in Monument, Colorado. Monument is 7,000 feet above sea level. And let me tell you, there is not enough oxygen in the state of Colorado to let me breath easily at 7,000 feet.
Class members in the Tiny Homes class.
But the welcome by guild members was warm and despite my dizzy instruction, they made really fun quilts in the Tiny Homes class. This is one of my favorite classes to teach because everyone makes something uniquely their own. Thanks to the Palmer Divide guild for a great time!

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

What fun that class appears to be having.
I have never been that high in altitude except on a plane. I think I would have problems too.

Cornwoman said...

They look like they're having a blast in the class. High altitude does leave one breathless. I would suppose that if you stayed and made it your home, your body would get used to it, though.

Emi said...

Wonderful. Una hermosa experiencia.

Abrazos desde COSTA RICA.