Monday, January 14, 2013

Can You Say Analogous?

Birdland #8 by Laura Wasilowski
Long, long ago in a universe far away (known as Ohio), Frieda Anderson and I filmed a workshop for Quilting Arts. In this workshop (available as a download or DVD) we teach you how to create art quilts in the  approved Chicago School of Fusing way.
Birdland #8 (detail) by Laura Wasilowski
The workshop is called Improvisational Fused Quilt Art and you can see a preview of it here. I can't remember what we did in our workshop right now cause my life is such a blur of fun activity and fascinating experiences like doing the laundry and making dinner. But I know it had something to do with creating fused art quilts.
Birdland #8 (detail) by Laura Wasilowski
The one thing I do remember about filming the workshop is Frieda talking about fabric color choices. We agreed ahead of time that I would pronounce the word "analogous" as Frieda finds it a difficult word.  Don't we all? Frieda and I make a good team.

1 comment:

Gene Black said...

Ha ha. I remember taking a workshop where the organizer told the instructor that we all had to look up analogous because no one knew what it meant. (at the time it made me mad, because I did know what it meant.) Later I found out she was trying to be funny.

I have to say that the art workshop background has made my quilts have better color harmonies.