Monday, January 07, 2013

In Search of Apple Green

Apple green batik.
Have you seen this fabric? Neither have I. This fabric is needed for my Craftsy class kits that I've been making up. A massive search at local fabric stores and even on the internet yielded nothing even close. Where are those fabric bloodhounds when you need them?
Batiks from my stash.
And then after 2 weeks of searching I remembered I was a dyer! Why not just over-dye the batik fabrics I have?
Lots of yellow and a hint of navy dye make the right color.
So I mixed the dye and dyed a lot of suitable fabric in my stash of batiks. Worked like a charm! So now my kits are complete and ready to go! It's good to dye.

5 comments:

Sequana said...

When I saw the first part of your post I thot - "she's a dyer - what the heck?" I'm glad you finally came to your senses.

I've signed up for your class now, but have to finish a couple other projects before I begin.

I like hearing your voice tho - makes you a complete person to me.

eily62 said...

I am signed up and so enjoying the class. And.... I am sure glad that you like "dyeing"!

Cornwoman said...

lol When I first saw that you were looking for that fabric, I thought perhaps there was something about the pattern rather than just not finding the color. I think you must have been under the influence of too much chocolate at the beginning of this blogpost, so I'm afraid that I'm going to have to ask you to send me all of your chocolate. roflol....drat! I was afraid that you weren't going to do that!! lol Can't blame a girl for trying.

WoolenSails said...

That is one thing I love about dying, I am always looking for a perfect shade to match something and easier to make it myself;)

Debbie

Olga Schrichte said...

Laura,

I have a fat quarter of the green batik you rare looking for. I'd be glad to send it to you if you still need it.

Olga