Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Only Sure Thing: Dyeing and Taxes

You can water down dye but you can't water down your IRS payment.
Tis the season to be dyeing at my house. And tis also the season for doing my taxes. If you're like me, you really dislike preparing tax forms. Speaking for myself, I'd rather dye.
Washing out thread. More fun than a Schedule C.
If I'd kept up with my bookkeeping throughout the year, we wouldn't have this problem. But nooooooooo, I had to goof off and put off doing my bookkeeping until now. And now I'm paying the price. You'll be happy to know that I have just complete the bookkeeping for August, 2012. Only 4 months to go! Like I said, I'd rather dye.

8 comments:

Mrs. Sew and Sew - Karen said...

Love the play on words! And I know how you feel! Good luck with the taxes.

Maggie Szafranski said...

Ay yi yi! I hates paperwork! See ya tomorrow at Decatur!

Gene Black said...

Ahhh, the creative soul! We put off the drudgery in favor of feeding the creative fires

Laura Wasilowski said...

You are so right Gene! My creative fires are lacking fuel right now!

Robin in WNC said...

Oh yes, dyeing is better than doing bookkeeping any day!!!!

Beth said...

Anything in the craft room is better than taxes/paperwork.

Beth in IL said...

I too would rather dye too. In fact I am ice dyeing tooday instead of doing taxes and my son's FAfSA.

Lauren Padilla said...

This is funny in a sweet way; it reminds me of the saying that in this world there are only two certain things – those are dying and taxes. Although it is a bummer to prepare and file your income tax returns, it is a must that we do them. Anyway, you really played with your words and I love the play of colors as well. Lauren Padilla